Coverable representations and warranties can include tax, environmental, litigation, contractual, financial, intellectual property, and other matters where the outcome is uncertain, unknown, or unknowable.
Representations & Warranties Insurance Policy Features
- Available to buyers and sellers in a transaction
- Helps facilitate mergers and acquisitions by protecting participants from unknown risks
- Extend the time frame for which specific problems are uncovered
- The buyer can purchase insurance to cover higher amounts than the cap the seller is willing to accept
- Can enable the seller to reduce or eliminate funds held in escrow